Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Strongest Nation?


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 29187
Date:
Strongest Nation?


Hmm, our women's average appears to now be precisely 200.0 with no-one that can add any more points by Monday and players challenging some of our ranking places in such as Bastad and Honolulu.

I make the not very bold prediction at all that we are heading for over 200.



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6109
Date:

indiana wrote:

Hmm, our women's average appears to now be precisely 200.0 with no-one that can add any more points by Monday and players challenging some of our ranking places in such as Bastad and Honolulu.

I make the not very bold prediction at all that we are heading for over 200.


 OMG , here is me planning a sabbatical and my job is not complete! Come on GB women (and men)  



__________________
JonH


ATP qualifying

Status: Online
Posts: 2954
Date:

The Womens is a lot more turbulent than the mens.

wq2.png

Considering we're less than 100 off our best - it's a good time to take a sabbatical. Maybe some of the fitness/form issues will sort themselves out smile



Attachments
__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 5598
Date:

JonH wrote:
indiana wrote:

Hmm, our women's average appears to now be precisely 200.0 with no-one that can add any more points by Monday and players challenging some of our ranking places in such as Bastad and Honolulu.

I make the not very bold prediction at all that we are heading for over 200.


 OMG , here is me planning a sabbatical and my job is not complete! Come on GB women (and men)  


 We are definitely heading for over 200 next week. Currently our top 10 is -25 on aggregate from two weeks ago, so our total will go to approx 2013. We just have to hope that more of them get back to winning matches at more appropriate levels over the next few months. 



__________________


ATP qualifying

Status: Online
Posts: 2954
Date:

Position at 12/07
Country1/7+/-17/7
SUI1868-331901
JPN1978-131991
GBR1988-222010
SVK2010-472057
ITA2226-532279

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Changing all the time. confuse



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 29187
Date:

Yes, difficult for our top 10 average to improve and close back up at all without playing  confuse



__________________


ATP qualifying

Status: Online
Posts: 2954
Date:

indiana wrote:

Yes, difficult for our top 10 average to improve and close back up at all without playing  confuse


 Very diifficult as we won't get the results from Honolulu until  early  mornimg and the WTA will take hous to prdcess them

Tables wjill be later Monday perhaps

Couldn't help biting  buggered.gif

 



-- Edited by Strongbow on Saturday 13th of July 2019 10:20:01 PM



-- Edited by Strongbow on Saturday 13th of July 2019 10:25:12 PM



-- Edited by Strongbow on Saturday 13th of July 2019 10:47:42 PM

__________________


ATP qualifying

Status: Online
Posts: 2954
Date:

ws0715.jpg



Attachments
__________________


ATP qualifying

Status: Online
Posts: 2954
Date:

ma0715.jpg



Attachments
__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 29187
Date:

I think the GBR ATP 15/07 figure should be 2065.

__________________


ATP qualifying

Status: Online
Posts: 2954
Date:

indiana wrote:

I think the GBR ATP 15/07 figure should be 2065.


Well spotted. There is a discrepancy for some players between the ATP pdf and the figures on the ATP screen.

Andy is 225 on the pdf for 15/7 but 222 on the screen and on OER for 15/7. I've no idea which is actually correct.so 2065 could well be right confuse



-- Edited by Strongbow on Tuesday 16th of July 2019 10:17:17 AM

__________________


ATP qualifying

Status: Online
Posts: 2954
Date:

ws0722.jpg



Attachments
__________________


ATP qualifying

Status: Online
Posts: 2954
Date:

ms0722.jpg



Attachments
__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 5598
Date:

The big changes will come in two weeks time once the points systems are merged again.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 29187
Date:

Michael D wrote:

The big changes will come in two weeks time once the points systems are merged again.


The points system reversion won't do much at all for our current women's top 10 points. From the women's section  'Transitional tour' thread I see that we only have Fran to add 15K points in and according to OER's 05/08 projection just 4 more points, 163 points rather than 159 ( the other 9 are indeed showing no change from what would have been their points anyway ). 

I don't know if other countries around us are due to gain many more points from the reversion and thus push our average position down a bit.

I'll just wait and see re our men   



-- Edited by indiana on Tuesday 23rd of July 2019 12:57:16 PM

__________________
« First  <  Page 62  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard