Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Top 500


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39542
Date:
Top 500


The issue for France is no doubt that they have the culture, the competition, the depth, but at the absolute top end, relatively so little.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 52627
Date:

indiana wrote:

The issue for France is no doubt that they have the culture, the competition, the depth, but at the absolute top end, relatively so little.


 Yes. It is absolutely no comfort to them, not one jot, how many they have in the top-500.

They'd trade them all in, at the drop of a hat, for one top-5 or top-10 player. 



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4585
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

WooHoo. Today is a red letter day. 20 in the Top 500 is officially achieved. It's been a long time coming but we have finally made it.

Time to celebrate.

Drinks are on ..... well, Jaggy actually.

Has anyone seen him around these last few days ?   He has been conspicuous by his absence. smile


 Im back guys, had a lot on and missed all of this in the main. 

Congratulations Bob did you pay that Crawford character for his switch of allegiance?

 

Its been a great wee battle and Arthur Fery will give us the 10 either this week or very shortly so if he does it this week can we call it a draw?

 

Drinks are on me whats everyones tipple?  I might even slip the Tories on here a wee non alcoholic beer



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39542
Date:

Unfortunately Arthur Fery has withdrawn from his Thailand SF and from next week as well. Unless we discover another new Brit, 10 in the top 250 will have to wait.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39542
Date:

Just looking at our top 500 women singles players, we have 17 but there is a huge gap then between GB #17 and GB #18.

14. Beth Grey WR 407, 148 points
15. Emily Appleton WR 434, 134 points
16. Naiktha Bains WR 446, 127 points
17. Emilie Lindh WR 460, 121 points

18. Ranah Stoiber WR 663, 58 points
19. Hannah Klugman WR 667, 57 points
20. Matilda Mutavdzic WR 676, 56 points.
21. Isabelle Lacy WR 688, 53 points

So big jumps required to get into the top 500 ( WR 500 is currently on 104 points ).

However, longer term we clearly have some really good prospects for getting there and much further once our good juniors such as Hannah, Isabelle, Mimi, Mika and Hep get more experienced and start to play more senior tournaments



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 17175
Date:

Don't forget the likes of Eliz Maloney, who has fallen down the rankings and was well inside the top 500.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 52627
Date:

Millie Rajecki is another clear top-500 prospect, assuming college continutes to go well

She should be a slamdunk

Not sure about the other college girls - there's some good players there (like Kylie) but whether they've quite got the full commitment to giving pro tennis a real go, I'm not sure

Freya is another in Eliz's camp





__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3523
Date:

Flourishing on the ATP side of things. Hamish just now making the the QFs in Glasgow puts him live at 487 and now 23 in the top 500.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 17175
Date:

Madadman wrote:

Flourishing on the ATP side of things. Hamish just now making the the QFs in Glasgow puts him live at 487 and now 23 in the top 500.


 Should easily get to 25 with Jake Fearnley, Henry Searle and Stuart Parker closing in.



__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1684
Date:

paulisi wrote:
Madadman wrote:

Flourishing on the ATP side of things. Hamish just now making the the QFs in Glasgow puts him live at 487 and now 23 in the top 500.


 Should easily get to 25 with Jake Fearnley, Henry Searle and Stuart Parker closing in.


 It's wonderful to see how the floodgates seem to have opened since Oliver Crawford's change of allegiance.  However, sadly it's not all one way traffic as Alastair Grey is in danger of dropping out unless he finds a way to pick some points PDQ



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19018
Date:

SuperT wrote:
paulisi wrote:
Madadman wrote:

Flourishing on the ATP side of things. Hamish just now making the the QFs in Glasgow puts him live at 487 and now 23 in the top 500.


 Should easily get to 25 with Jake Fearnley, Henry Searle and Stuart Parker closing in.


 It's wonderful to see how the floodgates seem to have opened since Oliver Crawford's change of allegiance.  However, sadly it's not all one way traffic as Alastair Grey is in danger of dropping out unless he finds a way to pick some points PDQ


From memory, Ali G has a few points to defend in Feb, but then very little until the 2nd half of the season. So if he drops out, it will only be short term.  Had it not been for his recent injury, he would be well on his way back up the rankings by now.



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6376
Date:

Alastair Gray has 16 off for the rest of this month but only 17 off for the next 3 months after that



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19018
Date:

I've been busy lately and lost track a bit ... but am I counting 23 in the Top 500 at the moment ?

__________________


Intermediate Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 351
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

I've been busy lately and lost track a bit ... but am I counting 23 in the Top 500 at the moment ?


 That's what I'm seeing, Bob. (I had the ATP site open and set to show GBR players anyway because I was checking Charlie Robertson's ranking for his entry in PoM.)



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39542
Date:

Yes, at 19/02 :

#21, ATP 468, Anton M  90 points
#22, ATP 476, Alastair G  87 points
#23, ATP 487, Hamish S  84 points

#24, ATP 514, Jacob F  76 points
#25, ATP 574, Harry W  62 points

Ali G has 16 points to drop this week so will fall out of the top 500 on 26/02, on 71 points.



__________________
« First  <  Page 55  >   Last »  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard