Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Top 500


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 43974
Date:
Top 500


Following the posts in October about our players challenging the top 500, we've now had two titles, from Jack PJ and Felix.
And a SF from Charlie B (as well as Jonnie G and Julian)
And Giles into the final, and maybe a title coming.
They're massing on the border.....

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 43974
Date:

So, as of end Nov, we've still only got 12 in the top 500. No change from end-Oct.

BUT Billy is 514, Ali G is 527, Stuart is 540 (and Jan Choinski is 517).

That's 4 in the 500-550 slot.

With the others, mentioned previously, moving ever closer to the top 600, ready to launch their attack too..

__________________


Challenger level

Status: Online
Posts: 2668
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:

So, as of end Nov, we've still only got 12 in the top 500. No change from end-Oct.

BUT Billy is 514, Ali G is 527, Stuart is 540 (and Jan Choinski is 517).

That's 4 in the 500-550 slot.

With the others, mentioned previously, moving ever closer to the top 600, ready to launch their attack too..


 He's on an entry list for Qatar in December, So might make his way back before too long.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 43974
Date:

Madadman wrote:
Coup Droit wrote:

So, as of end Nov, we've still only got 12 in the top 500. No change from end-Oct.

BUT Billy is 514, Ali G is 527, Stuart is 540 (and Jan Choinski is 517).

That's 4 in the 500-550 slot.

With the others, mentioned previously, moving ever closer to the top 600, ready to launch their attack too..


 He's on an entry list for Qatar in December, So might make his way back before too long.


 That's interesting, tx, Madadman 



__________________


Strong Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 424
Date:

So the November round up...

In Men's singles, Andy led the way in terms points collected with his somewhat succesful effort to get back towards to the Top100.  In terms of absolute ranking gains though the honours go George Houghton, but its still not enought to get him inside the Top1500. Max, Dan and Mason are similarly still in the lower echelons, but Henry's jump in ranking has brough him into the Top750.   

MS WR 2021-11-29.PNG



Attachments
__________________


Strong Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 424
Date:

In men's doubles, Joe comes out on top again for points for the 2nd time in 3 months, just emphasising the stellar year he is having. While Jack's collection of 29 points (net) means he makes an appearance for the first time, and also gets him amongst the biggest ranking climbers.  However Dan Little manages to outdo Joe and tops the ranking gains for the 2nd successive month, taking his ranking gains to more than 1000 in the last 2 months.    

MD WR  2021-11-29.PNG

 

 



Attachments
__________________


Challenger level

Status: Online
Posts: 2668
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:
Madadman wrote:
Coup Droit wrote:

So, as of end Nov, we've still only got 12 in the top 500. No change from end-Oct.

BUT Billy is 514, Ali G is 527, Stuart is 540 (and Jan Choinski is 517).

That's 4 in the 500-550 slot.

With the others, mentioned previously, moving ever closer to the top 600, ready to launch their attack too..


 He's on an entry list for Qatar in December, So might make his way back before too long.


 That's interesting, tx, Madadman 


 He has however now withdrawn.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 43974
Date:

Madadman wrote:
Coup Droit wrote:
Madadman wrote:
Coup Droit wrote:

So, as of end Nov, we've still only got 12 in the top 500. No change from end-Oct.

BUT Billy is 514, Ali G is 527, Stuart is 540 (and Jan Choinski is 517).

That's 4 in the 500-550 slot.

With the others, mentioned previously, moving ever closer to the top 600, ready to launch their attack too..


 He's on an entry list for Qatar in December, So might make his way back before too long.


 That's interesting, tx, Madadman 


 He has however now withdrawn.


 Ohhh....... although maybe that's interesting too......but not in a good direction.....



__________________


Strong Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 424
Date:

So in November, in women's singles, it was a tight run thing, but Harriet comes out on top for points gained.  In terms of gains in ranking, having just re-joined the rankings last month, Sonay and Anna build on that and make the biggest strides over the past 4 weeks.   

 

 WS WR  2021-11-29.PNG



-- Edited by Aberdaberdonian on Wednesday 1st of December 2021 09:46:55 PM

Attachments
__________________


Strong Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 424
Date:

In doubles, over November, Sam takes 1st place for points gained and 3rd place for rankings gained. Holly had a good month climbing up the rankings, albeit that she is starting from a low base and still has a bit to go before she appears on the list on the left

WD WR   2021-11-29.PNG



Attachments
__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 15814
Date:

So 12 in top 500, but realistically 11 as James Ward is not playing much on tour.

Billy Harris and Stu Parker are virtually there now when their new points from this week get added in.
Ali Gray should make it. Jan - we don't know about. Presumably injured.

As for the rest, it may take a few months for another player to break through, but there are a few capable... Jack PJ, Ryan Storrie, Charles Broom, Felix Gill, Henry Patton plus the likes of Luke Johnson, Mark Whitehouse and Dan Cox(if he stays on the pro circuit)

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 43974
Date:

paulisi wrote:

So 12 in top 500, but realistically 11 as James Ward is not playing much on tour.

Billy Harris and Stu Parker are virtually there now when their new points from this week get added in.
Ali Gray should make it. Jan - we don't know about. Presumably injured.

As for the rest, it may take a few months for another player to break through, but there are a few capable... Jack PJ, Ryan Storrie, Charles Broom, Felix Gill, Henry Patton plus the likes of Luke Johnson, Mark Whitehouse and Dan Cox(if he stays on the pro circuit)


 Yes that's pretty much the list I had in October, although I'm not so sure about Luke and Mark

I'd divided it into:

Regular GB guys: (Billy, Stuart, Luke, Mark, etc. - of which the first two are well on course, but the latter two are not really threatening and I don't see it, but obviously possible ) 

Back-from-injury/whatever: Ryan Storrie, Dan Cox, Jonny Gray - all well possible (if they hold up fit), especially the first two 

US college-lads: Alastair Gray, Henry Patten, Charlie Broom, Dan Little, Giles Hussey - again, all with a decent shout if they carry on next year like this (and Ali is practically there anyway) 

Youngsters: Felix Gill, Arthur Féry, Jack PJ - all very likely  

(Didn't know quite where to put Millen....)

Will be interesting to see if any of the other US lads break through (the ones still there) - there's a couple of definite possibles. And the other youngsters.

 

But, for the meantime, we've had players like Aidan and Anton break into the top 400 (although not for long in ANton's case), and Ryan P into the top 300, say, but it's been SO long since we've had a new top-500-er - it'd be REALLY good to get a chunk of these in ! 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 36508
Date:

Yes, it is SO good to see such movement in recent months down the rankings. I didn't see this coming to anything like the extent it has, having previously bemoaned the lack of fresh movements. It's been great to follow.

Surely some are going to break into the top 500. Hopefully this upturn will continue into 2022 and we can enjoy following further positive progress



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 36508
Date:

What a great week 

Billy's 15K title and thus total of 74 points will give us at least 13 in the top 500 on 13/12 with Stuart's title taking him up to 68 points and at least very close too.

And re that back up of emerging players, Charles B's title will take him to GB #22 on 35 points and in total on 13/06 we will have 27 players on 32 points or more, that's going to be 27 players in about the top 720.



__________________


Challenger level

Status: Online
Posts: 2668
Date:

Didn't know what thread to put this in. But just looking back at the recent run of Mens ITF singles titles. I make it 16 won by GB mens players in the last 12 weeks. Going back to W/b 13/9.
Paul Jubb x 3
Billy Harris x 3
Ali Gray x2
Charles Broom x 2
Ryan Storrie, Giles Hussey, Jack Pinnington-Jones, Henry Patten, Luke Johnson & Stuart Parker all with 1.

Whereas before this we had 9 all year at the ITF level. With nothing between week 27 and week 36.

Thanks for Indiana for collating it all in the Titles thread in General!



__________________
«First  <  114 15 16 17 1832  >  Last»  | Page of 32  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard