Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Injuries and Illness - and good luck wishes


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1745
Date:
Injuries and Illness - and good luck wishes


Congratulations to Rafa and Xisca - a son born on Saturday to be named Rafael

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53646
Date:

goldfish wrote:

Congratulations to Rafa and Xisca - a son born on Saturday to be named Rafael


 Yeah - great news - expecially as there were worries in her last trimester

Hope you don't mind but I also copied and pasted it into the congratulations thread, which has more of the baby, and wedding, news 



__________________


Satellite level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1244
Date:

Not sure where to put this but I am sure Sabine Lisicki fans will be pleased to see she has reached the quarter finals  of the 125K  tournament in  Andorra.



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1906
Date:

Congrats to Jonny O'Mara who got engaged last week.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19225
Date:

Not British, but sending best wishes to Martina Navratilova who has been diagnosed with early stage throat and breast cancer. The only real good news here is that her condition has been described as 'fixable' due to the early diagnosis.

__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6898
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

Not British, but sending best wishes to Martina Navratilova who has been diagnosed with early stage throat and breast cancer. The only real good news here is that her condition has been described as 'fixable' due to the early diagnosis.


 So sorry for Martina.  I remembered she had   breast cancer  some years ago and just checked. Indeed it was in 2010 so this is a recurrence it seems. Poor Martina.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 38363
Date:

Julia Carrot wrote:
Bob in Spain wrote:

Not British, but sending best wishes to Martina Navratilova who has been diagnosed with early stage throat and breast cancer. The only real good news here is that her condition has been described as 'fixable' due to the early diagnosis.


 So sorry for Martina.  I remembered she had   breast cancer  some years ago and just checked. Indeed it was in 2010 so this is a recurrence it seems. Poor Martina.


 I could be wrong but the bbc says the throat cancer is unrelated and stage one, the breast cancer a new cancer I believe - so I dont think it is metastatic, and thus stage 4 / terminal. I might be wrong but I read it as new cancers as opposed to recurrence. Fingers crossed it is treatable and not metastatic . Sorry if I am wrong 



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6898
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
Julia Carrot wrote:
Bob in Spain wrote:

Not British, but sending best wishes to Martina Navratilova who has been diagnosed with early stage throat and breast cancer. The only real good news here is that her condition has been described as 'fixable' due to the early diagnosis.


 So sorry for Martina.  I remembered she had   breast cancer  some years ago and just checked. Indeed it was in 2010 so this is a recurrence it seems. Poor Martina.


 I could be wrong but the bbc says the throat cancer is unrelated and stage one, the breast cancer a new cancer I believe - so I dont think it is metastatic, and thus stage 4 / terminal. I might be wrong but I read it as new cancers as opposed to recurrence. Fingers crossed it is treatable and not metastatic . Sorry if I am wrong 


Maybe my terminology was incorrect, if 'recurrence' means 'metatastic' that's not what I meant.  Just  a recurrence of  cancer.   Dear Martina, she is so brave. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 38363
Date:

Julia Carrot wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
Julia Carrot wrote:
Bob in Spain wrote:

Not British, but sending best wishes to Martina Navratilova who has been diagnosed with early stage throat and breast cancer. The only real good news here is that her condition has been described as 'fixable' due to the early diagnosis.


 So sorry for Martina.  I remembered she had   breast cancer  some years ago and just checked. Indeed it was in 2010 so this is a recurrence it seems. Poor Martina.


 I could be wrong but the bbc says the throat cancer is unrelated and stage one, the breast cancer a new cancer I believe - so I dont think it is metastatic, and thus stage 4 / terminal. I might be wrong but I read it as new cancers as opposed to recurrence. Fingers crossed it is treatable and not metastatic . Sorry if I am wrong 


Maybe my terminology was incorrect, if 'recurrence' means 'metatastic' that's not what I meant.  Just  a recurrence of  cancer.   Dear Martina, she is so brave. 


 Apart from my spelling - duh - i think you are right re recurrence. I was thinking you were suggesting that the original cancer

may have come back and spread. and the spread

is the metastatic aspect obviously , thankfully it hasnt. 

my wife , as Im sure others on this board have also, had breast cancer around 7 years ago (with mastectomy, chemo and radio therapy) and, touch wood,

remains clear, but it coming back and also spreading is something that always stays as a worry in ones head. 



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6898
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
Julia Carrot wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
Julia Carrot wrote:
Bob in Spain wrote:

Not British, but sending best wishes to Martina Navratilova who has been diagnosed with early stage throat and breast cancer. The only real good news here is that her condition has been described as 'fixable' due to the early diagnosis.


 So sorry for Martina.  I remembered she had   breast cancer  some years ago and just checked. Indeed it was in 2010 so this is a recurrence it seems. Poor Martina.


 I could be wrong but the bbc says the throat cancer is unrelated and stage one, the breast cancer a new cancer I believe - so I dont think it is metastatic, and thus stage 4 / terminal. I might be wrong but I read it as new cancers as opposed to recurrence. Fingers crossed it is treatable and not metastatic . Sorry if I am wrong 


Maybe my terminology was incorrect, if 'recurrence' means 'metatastic' that's not what I meant.  Just  a recurrence of  cancer.   Dear Martina, she is so brave. 


 Apart from my spelling - duh - i think you are right re recurrence. I was thinking you were suggesting that the original cancer

may have come back and spread. and the spread

is the metastatic aspect obviously , thankfully it hasnt. 

my wife , as Im sure others on this board have also, had breast cancer around 7 years ago (with mastectomy, chemo and radio therapy) and, touch wood,

remains clear, but it coming back and also spreading is something that always stays as a worry in ones head. 


Indeed  and I'm  sorry to learn  it is such a relevant  & particularly raw subject for you. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 10408
Date:

Congratulations to Sam and her husband on the birth of baby Ria 6 weeks ago.

__________________


Strong Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 512
Date:

Best wishes to Rafa & Carlos on speedy recoveries - I have tickets for the Barcelona Open and am looking forward to a few sunny days courtside smile Hoping Cam & Dan will be in attendance too.

When I got tickets in 2020, I received them by email in February - and subsequently received a refund when the tourno was covid canceled.

Not received any tickets yet this year and struggling to get a response from the club - is anyone else here going and have you got tickets yet?



__________________


Club Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 626
Date:

Carlos Ramos recently retired from umpiring but will still be around as a supervisor.
twitter.com/EstorilOpen/status/1645154288862130181

He was an umpire for over 30 years.

__________________

She/her



Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3324
Date:

Serena Williams pregnant with her 2nd. Good luck to her particularly after the drama of the 1st.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 10408
Date:

Poor Emma. Sounds like none of the 3 injuries are 'major' (each wrist and ankle) but that's still a lot of surgery at this age and basically out for the season.

__________________
«First  <  119 20 21 22 2326  >  Last»  | Page of 26  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard