Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Week 29 - ITF ($25K+H) - Figueira Da Foz, Portugal Hard


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 11852
Date:
Week 29 - ITF ($25K+H) - Figueira Da Foz, Portugal Hard


Q1: SILVA, Eden (GBR) 2 531 v Bye

Q1: TAYLOR, Ella (GBR) 14 860 v Bye

 

Emily Arbuthnot was on the list but doesn't appear in the Q draw.



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 5568
Date:

We do know who Ella's QR2 opponent will be though: Anica Stabel, an UNR German, whom Freya met earlier in the year, and defeated 2 & 2. (Grammar tangent: Freya is doing the winning here, not Anica, so, as Anica is not the subject, it is 'whom', right?)

__________________


Club Coach

Status: Online
Posts: 598
Date:

Unfortunately for Emily the scheduling of her doubles SF this week didn't work in her favour with it being in the evening, in part because her partner was still in the singles. It meant she was still participating there at the qualifying sign-in deadline for here, and there is no SE available for still being involved in doubles.

__________________


Masters Series Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 3638
Date:

AliBlahBlah wrote:

We do know who Ella's QR2 opponent will be though: Anica Stabel, an UNR German, whom Freya met earlier in the year, and defeated 2 & 2. (Grammar tangent: Freya is doing the winning here, not Anica, so, as Anica is not the subject, it is 'whom', right?)


 Yes on the whom smile



__________________


Masters Series Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 3638
Date:

RedSquirrel wrote:

Unfortunately for Emily the scheduling of her doubles SF this week didn't work in her favour with it being in the evening, in part because her partner was still in the singles. It meant she was still participating there at the qualifying sign-in deadline for here, and there is no SE available for still being involved in doubles.


 Oh that's unfortunate for Emily, so her European economics study tour of 4 countries in 4 weeks is being interrupted this week no



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 5038
Date:

On the brighter side, Emily posted a pic of Centre Court on Instagram earlier today, so a break in the study tour may not be quite so dissappointing wink



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 5568
Date:

Michael D wrote:
AliBlahBlah wrote:

We do know who Ella's QR2 opponent will be though: Anica Stabel, an UNR German, whom Freya met earlier in the year, and defeated 2 & 2. (Grammar tangent: Freya is doing the winning here, not Anica, so, as Anica is not the subject, it is 'whom', right?)


 Yes on the whom smile


Phew! English is hard.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 11852
Date:

Q2: SILVA, Eden (GBR) 2 531 v TEIXEIRA, Ines (POR) UNR
Q2: TAYLOR, Ella (GBR) 14 860 v STABEL, Anica (GER) UNR 18yo JCH=708

__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 5568
Date:

Eden wins 6-2 RET

__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 5568
Date:

Ella loses a close one, 6-3 1-6 6-7(7)

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 11852
Date:

Q2: SILVA, Eden (GBR) 2 531 def TEIXEIRA, Ines (POR) UNR 6-2 Ret.
Q2: TAYLOR, Ella (GBR) 14 860 lost to STABEL, Anica (GER) UNR 6-3 1-6 6-7(7)

Q3: SILVA, Eden (GBR) 2 531 v MALMQVIST, Linnea (SWE) 16 888 CH=681 14/8/17

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 27437
Date:

25K+H so 2 points for Eden if she wins her FQR. 6 more then for a MD R1 win.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 27908
Date:

Linnea is the girl that Beth Grey beat back in April.

__________________


Challenger qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 2121
Date:

Eden was supposedly a fairly big favourite coming into this but has just dropped the first set 2-6. Second about to get underway.

__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 5038
Date:

There was a medical time out at the end of the first set, so fingers crossed that it wasn't for Eden.

__________________
1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard