Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Week 28 - ITF ($25K) - Getxo, Spain Clay


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 11375
Date:
Week 28 - ITF ($25K) - Getxo, Spain Clay


Q1: ARBUTHNOT, Emily (GBR) 7 723 v RETORTILLO SOIRAS, Alba (ESP) UNR 17yo



__________________


ATP qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 2866
Date:

I think Emily is on a short tour of Europe during her US college vacation and playing a little tennis on the side. Her 3rd country in 3 weeks now... Sweden, France, Spain.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 25931
Date:

Michael D wrote:

I think Emily is on a short tour of Europe during her US college vacation and playing a little tennis on the side. Her 3rd country in 3 weeks now... Sweden, France, Spain.


 Yes. What is she studying at college anyway ? International relations? European Studies ? Modern Languages? Probably doing her term paper prep work as we speak..... smile

(NB She might be doing nuclear physics, for all I know, no idea.....)



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4853
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:
Michael D wrote:

I think Emily is on a short tour of Europe during her US college vacation and playing a little tennis on the side. Her 3rd country in 3 weeks now... Sweden, France, Spain.


 Yes. What is she studying at college anyway ? International relations? European Studies ? Modern Languages? Probably doing her term paper prep work as we speak..... smile

(NB She might be doing nuclear physics, for all I know, no idea.....)


Her major is listed as... undeclared! ( https://gostanford.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=15301 )
Clearly shorthand for the 'International Relations of European Nuclear Physics', then.



__________________


County player

Status: Offline
Posts: 835
Date:

^^ I sometimes deal with American students graduated/graduating from the US and I must admit to not liking just how varied their degrees can be at times. Rather than one main subject, they can have courses from all sorts of subjects through their degree (in Scotland there is a certain amount of freedom since our degrees are 4 yrs rather than 3 commonly found in England).
Another thing that comes up is that they can change their degree whereas in the UK it's more difficult to do that.



-- Edited by flamingowings on Saturday 7th of July 2018 10:33:15 AM

__________________


Intermediate Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 334
Date:

She has "declared" economics
https://touch.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1557490834354890&id=348783805225605

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 25931
Date:

AliBlahBlah wrote:
Coup Droit wrote:
Michael D wrote:

I think Emily is on a short tour of Europe during her US college vacation and playing a little tennis on the side. Her 3rd country in 3 weeks now... Sweden, France, Spain.


 Yes. What is she studying at college anyway ? International relations? European Studies ? Modern Languages? Probably doing her term paper prep work as we speak..... smile

(NB She might be doing nuclear physics, for all I know, no idea.....)


Her major is listed as... undeclared! ( https://gostanford.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=15301 )
Clearly shorthand for the 'International Relations of European Nuclear Physics', then.


  

Then it's the Economics of International Relations of European Nuclear Physics.

Simple.



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4853
Date:

Our Geopolitical Nuclear Economist won, 2 & 1

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 11375
Date:

Q1: ARBUTHNOT, Emily (GBR) 7 723 def RETORTILLO SOIRAS, Alba (ESP) UNR 6-2 6-1

Q2: ARBUTHNOT, Emily (GBR) 7 723 v BOUZO ZANOTTI, Noelia (ESP) 14 1075 CH=831 3/10/16 18yo JCH=318


__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4853
Date:

First set to Ms. Arbuthnott, 6-2

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 26080
Date:

FQR ( for it is so ) :

(q7) Emily Arbuthnott WR 723 beat (q14) Noelia Bouzo Zanotti (ESP) WR 1075 (CH 831 in October 2016), 18 yo, JCH 318  6-2 6-1

3rd counter of the summer for Emily so a ranking secured into next summer. Now will hopefully build.



__________________


ATP qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 2866
Date:

For a 25k Emily's first round draw is as reasonable as she could hope for. She could really do with another 5 pts here...

R32: Emily ARBUTHNOTT (GBR) 723 vs Laura PIGOSSI (BRA) 534 (CH:247 July 14)

__________________


ATP qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 2866
Date:

Emily is playing doubles this week with Romy Koelzer (GER), up today against the 4th seeds.

__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4853
Date:

Michael D wrote:

Emily is playing doubles this week with Romy Koelzer (GER), up today against the 4th seeds.


and finding it a stiff challenge, 4-6 0-2*



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4853
Date:

AliBlahBlah wrote:
Michael D wrote:

Emily is playing doubles this week with Romy Koelzer (GER), up today against the 4th seeds.


and finding it a stiff challenge, 4-6 0-2*


But what a sprited comeback they staged!
4-6 6-4 [10-4]



__________________
1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard